DURNESS TO DINGWALL, 95 MILE CYCLE CHALLENGE (1200m ascent)
approximately £3000 raised. Thank you
6 cyclists took part in the challenge this year on a beautiful day with little or no wind and no rain.
The average time was 6hrs 13min 17 secs with several cyclists beating the 5 hour barrier this year.
Prizes for guessing the average time of all cyclists are as follows:-
· 1st Prize - Tomtom Mr W Wier
· 2nd prize – iPod nano Mr M Nekula
· 3rd Prize - £70 Marks & Spencer voucher Miss K Fanthrope
· 4th Prize – £50 Debenhams voucher Ms M MacMillan
· 5th Prize – £25 Fairtrade Hamper Carved wooden Mr D Noble
· 6th Prize – Coco Mountain Chocolates Mr D Raffe
Money raised is split equally between the following charities.
Linda’s Fund. This fund has been established in memory of Linda Nelson who taught geography at Fortrose Academy. The purpose of the fund is to provide Further & Higher educational bursaries and facilities for pupils of the Mulanje Mission Secondary school in Southern Malawi. So far Linda’s Fund has raised over £18,000. This year the fund is helping raise £25,000 for a school hall.
EMMS International , (Edinburgh Medical Missionary Society) Malawi Bike Ride. Money raised by this charity is put towards medical work in Mission Hospitals in Malawi.
Alastair Nelson/Willie Mackintosh
Return to Homepage