DURNESS TO DINGWALL, 95 MILE CYCLE CHALLENGE (1200m ascent)
Saturday 5th June 2010
£2171 raised. Thank you
For photo link click here
18 cyclists took part in the challenge this year on a beautiful day with little or no wind and rain.
The average time was 5hrs 36min 40 secs with several cyclists beating the 5 hour barrier this year.
Prizes for guessing the average time of all cyclists are as follows:-
· 1st Prize - £70 Marks & Spencer voucher Elena Duff
· 2nd prize - £50 Debenhams voucher K MacGregor
· 3rd Prize - £25 Fairtrade Hamper Yvonne Ross
· 4th Prize – Bottle of Chateau Cantemerle 2004 Stuart Slater
· 5th Prize – Carved wooden bowls from Malawi Rita McDaid/Jamie McConochie
6th Prize –
Money raised is split equally between the following charities.
Linda’s Fund. This fund has been established in memory
of Linda Nelson who taught geography at
EMMS International ,
thanks to all those who took part, to Fortrose Academy for the use of their
mini bus and bike carrier to
Alastair Nelson/Willie Mackintosh